Sarfaraz Khan Earlier Life:
Sarfaraz Khan was born on 22 October 1997 (age 21 Years) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His father name is Naushad Khan and mother name is Tabassum Khan. He has two elder brothers named Musheer Khan and Moin Khan.
Sarfaraz Khan was trained under the tutelage of his father who is a cricket coach and well-known cricketer in his early days. Stay tuned here for more personal details about Sarfaraz Khan.
Physical Appearance – Sarfaraz Khan height 1.65 m (5’5″ Feet) and weight 65 kg. He has black colour hair and a black eye. He belongs to the Islam religion and caste details are unknown.
Sarfaraz Khan Career:
Sarfaraz Khan came into the scene at the age of 12 when he slammed 439 runs off 421 balls in his maiden Harris Shield game in 2009 for Rizvi Springfield and that featured 56 fours and 12 sixes.
Later he was embroiled in a controversy and was suspended by the Mumbai Cricket association before the board eventually accepted the result of an advanced test.
Sarfaraz Khan made his List A debut for Mumbai on March 2, 2014, in the 2013-14 Vijay Hazare Trophy and his T20 debut on April 2, 2014, in the 2014-15 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy at Mumbai.
He made his first-class debut against Bengal on December 28, 2014, in the Ranji Trophy 2014-15. After an extraordinary season and notable stats for the Mumbai U-19 team, he earned a call-up for the India U-19 quadrangular series in 2013 involving South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Australia respectively.
Soon the young lad was added to the India U-19 squad for the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in UAE in 2014. Sarfaraz finished off the tournament scoring 211 runs in just six games that he played at an average of around 71.
In the 2015 IPL auction, he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs. 50 lakhs. During a game against Rajasthan Royals, he scored an unbeaten 45 that helped his team to chase down the mammoth total of 200.
In 2016, he once again represented India in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in Bangladesh. Sarfaraz Khan was the second highest run-scorer of the tournament, scoring 355 runs in 6 games and still holds the record of scoring most 50+ scores (7) in the ICC Under-19 World Cup tournament.
In 2018 IPL auction, he was retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs. 1.75 crore and in December 2018, he was bought by Ashwin-led Kings XI Punjab in the auction ahead of the 2019 Indian Premier League.
Sarfaraz Khan represented team India in U-19 World Cup 2016 under the captaincy of Ishan Kishan and played along with Washington Sundar and Rishab Pant. He played along with big stars like Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Chris Gayle and more in the Indian Premier League.
Sarfaraz Khan Facts:
– At the age of 12, he scored 439 runs in his maiden Harris Shield game in 2009.
– On 2 March 2014, he made his List A debut for Mumbai in the 2013-14 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
– His T20 debut came in 2014 when he featured in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2014-2015.
– Sarfaraz made his FC debut against Bengal in the 2014-15 Ranji Trophy.
– In 2014, he was added to the India U-19 squad for the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in UAE.
– Royal Challengers Bangalore bought him for Rs. 50 lakhs in the 2015 IPL auction.
– Sarfaraz once again represented India in the U-19 Cricket World Cup In Bangladesh in 2016.
– During the 2016 Under-19 World Cup, Sarfaraz was the second highest run-scorer of the tournament.
– In December 2018 IPL auction, he was bought by Kings XI Punjab for Rs. 25 lakhs.
– He is also known for his scoop and reverse sweep shots.
Related: Prayas Ray Barman (Cricketer)
Here completing Sarfaraz Khan Biography, Wiki, Age, Caste, Height, Birthday, Profile, Family. Share your comments below for further updates or corrections. Check out above to know about more celebrities and latest news updates.